Aston-Mansfield, in partnership with Safe Network will be hosting an interactive training session for voluntary, community and faith organisations working within children and young people in Newham.
The session will guide your organisation through the Safe Network Standards to enable your organisation to put the essential safeguarding measures in place. This workshop follows on from the ‘Are They Safe?’ session delivered at Durning Hall in June 2014.
Safe Network Standards cover four essential safeguarding areas:
- safer staff and volunteers – recruitment, induction and supervision
- child protection
- preventing and responding to bullying
- avoiding accidents and running safe activities and events
The 2013/14 edition now includes two new standards called Standards Xtra. These focus on:
- recording and storing information
- sharing information and working with other agencies
The session will be delivered by Tom Strannix, Safe Network London Regional Manager