To research and engage with a wide range of voluntary and community sector organisations in Newham, informing them of the services made available to them by our Community Involvement Unit (CIU). Your role will enable our CIU to make informed decisions about opportunities and support priorities in the borough.
· To map the status of the community and voluntary sector in Newham.
· To develop positive relationships with local organisations and individuals across your specific patch of Newham.
· To provide written feedback on the work undertaken by completing contact sheets for each organisation you engage with.
· To attend regular support, supervision and ongoing training sessions.
· To support our CIU in updating its existing database with the information collected on the current state of the sector in Newham.
Keys skills and requirements
· Access to your own computer and good IT skills
· Good communication skills; oral and written
· A willingness to travel locally
· Ability to provide feedback and work enthusiastically within a team
· Using and interpreting information
· Ability to build rapport
· Experience in working with a range of people
· Experience in working with third sector organisations
To apply for this role please email: firstname.lastname@example.org